Vasile Gaburici wrote:
> Before I get anymore strawman arguments, here's the definitive experiment:

As Hans said, should be corrected in the latest beta. Please cut us some
slack here, debugging unreproducible problems is hard and timeconsuming.

> BTW, the Lua 5.1 "reference" manual is a joke.
> How do you printf a boolean?

This is indeed not in the manual, but lua behaves like most other
languages with boolean types: the boolean prints the string "true"
or "false"  in a string (=debugging) context. You can force
conversion to string by calling tostring() on it.

> What's the syntax for their definitely non-standard regexps.
> No answers in that "reference".

Section 5.4.1 Patterns

Best wishes,
Taco