Taco Hoekwater <taco <at> elvenkind.com> writes:

> Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
> > Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang <at> googlemail.com> writes:

> >> Why not just a lua table to save the data?
> >
> > Yes, I was wondering the same thing. This is typically how the various CSL
> > implementations work; parse the input data (XML, RDF, BibTeX, etc.) into
> > some
> > internal structure.
>
> I was't clear enough. "internal XML structure" actually is a lua
> table structure. It just follows a bunch of special rules that
> make lpath queries work.

So it's a native Lua mapping of an XML model? E.g. something like, say, element
tree provides for Python?

Does that suggest that the input data is always XML?

Bruce

PS - Frank Bennett has been doing a lot of promising work on a rewrite of
Zotero's javscript-based CSL processor:
<http://xbiblio.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xbiblio/citeproc-js/trunk/>.