Am Sun, 19 Apr 2009 13:37:26 -0400 schrieb Eythan Weg:

>    luatools --show-path tex
>
>    luatools --show-path lua
>
> This is only for the lua path (with line breaks introduced)

Why don't you trust Hans? He had probably a reason why he asked for
the output of the path for "tex".

(In my case font-syn.lua was searched along the *tex*-path, and I
found the error in my texmf.cnf by inspecting the output of
kpsewhich --show-path=tex. I used kpsewhich because I'm more used to
it and because it is independant from context, so problems there
can't be the fault of the lua code).

--
Ulrike Fischer