Hello,

thanks a _lot_

Now I have converted all eps figures into pdf, but I am running yet
into another snag... the conversion seems to ruin the bounding box of
the eps figures, so that the pdf figures are taking a full a4 site;
when I then use them in the main tex file, they are filling a whole
page.

Is there a way to define a bounding box in \externalfigure ? I have
checked in the wikipage and googled a bit, but since English is not my
mother tongue, I may very well have used a bad keyword.

If not, can anybody point me to a way of modifying a pdf file to get
rid of all exterior white space around a figure? I can imagine you can
do this with adobe software, but I don't have that. Only unix.

thanks,

Pau

2009/6/12 Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl>:
> Pau wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> thanks for the hint. The legend worked very well.
>>
>> Nevertheless, I still have not understood what the equivalent in
>> ConTeXt of LaTeX \ref{} <---> \label{} is
>
> label is always an optional arg
>
> refs go like: \in{figure}[label] or \at{page}[label]

>> \begin{equation}
>> 1 + 1 = 2
>> \label{eq.1}
>> \end{equation}
>>
>> In Eq. \ref{eq.1}, we show that one plus one equals two

>> How would you write that in ConTeXt?
>
> \placeformula[label]
>  \startformula
>  \stopformula
>
>> And for a figure?
>
> \placefigure
>    [here]           % location
>    [fig.MyCaption]  % reference
>    {My Caption}     % caption
>    {\externalfigure[MyFigure.eps][factor=broad]}

>                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
>              Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
>     tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
>                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

Let there be peace on earth. And let it begin with misc