On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 10:20:43PM -0300, Maurí­cio wrote:
> I've been doing some searching on how to create my own fonts. If
> possible, I would like to be able to write my own program to
> at least draw glyphs, even if I have to resort to other tools
> to describe hinting, kerning and ligatures.

I think you can use MetaPost to draw the glyphs, if you are comfortable
for that, then you can write fontforge scripts to import those glyphs
into a font (look at mftrace for hints, it does essentially the same
thing but with MetaFont+mtrace). FontForge is very powerful font editor
with the widest cover of OpenType specification, and can output many
font formates plus many interesting features.

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny