> Isn't it well documented in the wiki?
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Enumerations

No, actually. The documentation says to use "margins" but that
command does not seem to work for sub-lists. Unless my notation is
wrong, it would seem that the margin values for a sub-list are
hardcoded.

For example, the following code does NOT work for me:

\startitemize[n]
\item top level
  \startitemize[a][margin=5cm]
  \item sub item 1
  \item sub item 2
  \stopitemize
\stopitemize

"Margin" has no effect on the sublist...

m...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Say I want to change the whitespace before an item in an
enumeration.

> > The diagram below:
> > |.....(a)   Item 2
> > |.....(b)   item 2
> >
> > Say I want to change the whitespace (represented by the dots)
in a list?
> > How can I do that? Tried various settings: changing margin,
adding
> > hskip, but nothing seems to do the trick. There doesn't seem to
be
> > anything in the docs...
>
> Isn't it well documented in the wiki?
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Enumerations
>
> How can I get a question answered on this list, BTW? It seems that
no

> > one either knows anything or are too busy for simple questions.
FYI,
> > devs, this language is going to die if you don't get more users....
>
> Now who would guess that you would get replies by being rude?
But it sounds