Like I said, I tried "margin" and it does NOT work. "Margin" has no
effect on sub-lists.

\startitemize[n]
\item top level
  \startitemize[a,margin=5cm]
  \item sub item 1
  \item sub item 2
  \stopitemize
\stopitemize

"margin" does NOT affect the sublist at all.

Oh I apologize if you took the rant personally. (At least it got your
attention!) However, I was trying to point out that with a plethora of
other options (scribus, latex, etc) combined with a lack of help, will
just send new users packing. Eventually, you'll just be left with
veteran users.

I'm really trying to make this work for me though -- it's just that the
incomplete docs and lack of mailing list help is making this a very
frustrating journey :(

On Tuesday 11 August 2009 12:42:35 Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Am 11.08.2009 um 17:41 schrieb U Avalos:
> > Say I want to change the whitespace before an item in an
enumeration.

> > The diagram below:
> > |.....(a)   Item 2
> > |.....(b)   item 2
> >
> > Say I want to change the whitespace (represented by the dots)
in a
> > list?
> > How can I do that? Tried various settings: changing margin,
adding
> > hskip, but nothing seems to do the trick. There doesn't seem to
be
> > anything in the docs...
>
> \showframe
>
> \starttext
>
> \startitemize[a][stopper=,left=(,right=),margin=2cm]
> \item Item 1
> \item Item 2
> \stopitemize
>
> \stoptext
>
> > How can I get a question answered on this list, BTW? It seems
that no
> > one either knows anything or are too busy for simple questions.
FYI,