On Sun, 1 Nov 2009, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky wrote:

Hello,
I need to define a Exercise command that will enumerate exercises and
provide
>  captions.
>
>  For example,
>
>  \exercise{Conversion from hex to dec}
>
>  should produce
>
>  Exercise 1.1. Conversion from hex to dec.
>
> What is the best way to achieve that? Use \definehead or another
command?

\defineenumeration[exercise][title=yes,way=bysection]

Thank you Aditya, but the result is rather shoking )
Please, try

\starttext
\defineenumeration[exercise][title=yes, text=Вправа, way=bysection, width=broad]

\exercise{Розрахунок кривої, яка з'єднує три точки на площині}
\stoptext

The "Вправа" is putted twice, next time inside some strange brackets. The text gets out of the page.

Looks like a bug in mkiv. Hans, text need to be handled differently in descriptions and enumerations.

How to setup so that numeration will be done by subsection (1.1, 1.2, etc.)?

prefix=yes,

Aditya