> next time make a simple example .. you caniidentity features with
>
> mtxrun --script font --info --list --file BNBDOT0N.ttf
>
> anyhow, only one features is applied. It lookslike some gpos feature is not
> used.
>
> \usemodule[fnt-20]
>
> \definefontfeature
>  [indic]
>  [mode=node,analyze=yes,
>   script=beng,language=dflt,
>   % gsub
>   abvs=yes,akhn=yes,blwf=yes,blws=yes,
>   half=yes,nukt=yes,pstf=yes,psts=yes,rphf=yes,
>   % gpos
>   blwm=yes,abvm=yes]
>
> \definefontsynonym[dwbangla][file:BNBDOT0N.ttf]
>
> \starttext
>
>    {\definedfont[dwbangla*indic] সত্যজিৎ রায় \par}
>
>    \showotfcomposition
>        {dwbangla*indic}
>        {0}
>        {সত্যজিৎ রায়}
>
> \stoptext

I don't understand---are you saying this is supposed to work?  Is the
trick supposed to be using fnt-20 or in being careful not to turn on
unused features?  (To be on the safe side, since I was switching
between them in testing, I was turning on all the features Microsoft
calls Indic.)  I tried your example and, yes, one shaping looks
correct, but there was no reordering and now some of the characters
print out on top of each other (which is incorrect).  I tried the same
routine, using  fnt-20 and commenting out unused features, for some
other fonts:
Akaash:
http://www.nongnu.org/freebangfont/downloads.html
Bangla, from the University of Chicago:
http://salrc.uchicago.edu/resources/fonts/available/bengali/
and Arial Unicode MS  (standard on Windows),
and I got no improvement in their rendering in Context.  They work
fine in Notepad, Firefox, and TexnicCenter though, for example.

What am I missing?