On 13-6-2010 6:58, Michael Saunders wrote:
next time make a simple example .. you caniidentity features with

mtxrun --script font --info --list --file BNBDOT0N.ttf

anyhow, only one features is applied. It lookslike some gpos feature is not
used.

\usemodule[fnt-20]

\definefontfeature
  [indic]
  [mode=node,analyze=yes,
   script=beng,language=dflt,
   % gsub
   abvs=yes,akhn=yes,blwf=yes,blws=yes,
   half=yes,nukt=yes,pstf=yes,psts=yes,rphf=yes,
   % gpos
   blwm=yes,abvm=yes]

\definefontsynonym[dwbangla][file:BNBDOT0N.ttf]

\starttext

    {\definedfont[dwbangla*indic] সত্যজিৎ রায় \par}

    \showotfcomposition
        {dwbangla*indic}
        {0}
        {সত্যজিৎ রায়}

\stoptext

I don't understand---are you saying this is supposed to work?  Is the

well, i wrote: it looks like some pos feaure is not applied ...

trick supposed to be using fnt-20 or in being careful not to turn on
unused features?  (To be on the safe side, since I was switching

no, but turning them on makes tracing cumbersome

between them in testing, I was turning on all the features Microsoft
calls Indic.)  I tried your example and, yes, one shaping looks
correct, but there was no reordering and now some of the characters
print out on top of each other (which is incorrect).  I tried the same
routine, using  fnt-20 and commenting out unused features, for some
other fonts:

What am I missing?

As Khaled mentioned ... are these proper otf fonts or do they rely on specific features in the microsoft engine?

Most opentype features are quite generic and should work ok but if something special is needed more info is needed.