See the following minimal example (I'm not trying to typeset urls or
filesystem paths in this way, just regular text):

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\def\myslash{/\penalty-5000}
\starttext

\type{/}

{\bfd Love/Hate/Play/Love/Hate/Play/Love/Hate/Play/Love/Hate/Play}

\type{\slash}

{\bfd Love\slash Hate\slash Play\slash Love\slash
Hate\slash Play\slash Love\slash Hate\slash Play\slash Love\slash
Hate\slash Play}

\type{\textslash}

{\bfd Love\textslash Hate\textslash Play\textslash Love\textslash
Hate\textslash Play\textslash Love\textslash Hate\textslash
Play\textslash Love\textslash Hate\textslash Play}

\type{\myslash}

{\bfd Love\myslash Hate\myslash Play\myslash Love\myslash Hate\myslash
Play\myslash Love\myslash Hate\myslash Play\myslash Love\myslash
Hate\myslash Play}

\stoptext

Neither one of the first three solutions above give me the right thing,
because the line won't break at /. What am I missing?

A workaround seems to be

 \def\myslash{/\penalty-5000}

and then using \myslash instead of \slash, but I'm pretty sure I'm not
doing this right.

Thanks in advance

--
Marco