Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfg...@googlemail.com> writes:

> Am 21.12.2010 um 00:34 schrieb Marco Pessotto:
>

>> See the following minimal example (I'm not trying to typeset urls or
>> filesystem paths in this way, just regular text):
>>
>> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>> \def\myslash{/\penalty-5000}
>> \starttext
>>
>> \type{/}
>>
>> {\bfd Love/Hate/Play/Love/Hate/Play/Love/Hate/Play/Love/Hate/Play}
>>
>> \type{\slash}
>>
>> {\bfd Love\slash Hate\slash Play\slash Love\slash
>> Hate\slash Play\slash Love\slash Hate\slash Play\slash Love\slash
>> Hate\slash Play}
>>
>> \type{\textslash}
>>
>> {\bfd Love\textslash Hate\textslash Play\textslash Love\textslash
>> Hate\textslash Play\textslash Love\textslash Hate\textslash
>> Play\textslash Love\textslash Hate\textslash Play}
>>
>> \type{\myslash}
>>
>> {\bfd Love\myslash Hate\myslash Play\myslash Love\myslash Hate\myslash
>> Play\myslash Love\myslash Hate\myslash Play\myslash Love\myslash
>> Hate\myslash Play}
>>
>> \stoptext
>> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>>
>> Neither one of the first three solutions above give me the right thing,
>> because the line won't break at /. What am I missing?
>>
>> A workaround seems to be
>>
>> \def\myslash{/\penalty-5000}
>>
>> and then using \myslash instead of \slash, but I'm pretty sure I'm not
>> doing this right.
>
> MkIV: \setbreakpoints[compound]

Ah, that's odd, because I've already defined that and I didn't realize
it fixed the problem (but I was used to type \slash from LaTeX, breaking
the typesetting).

This \setbreakpoints looks like a panacea to me (it already fixed the
hyphen issue some weeks ago, but I didn't know it fixed the slash too).

I'm thinking how to make this information more accessible (because from
my point of view hate/love is not a compound word) on the wiki.

I found this in cont-new.mkiv

% potential new defaults: \setbreakpoints[compound]

Is this going to happen or there are serious reasons not to have it as
default?

Thanks again

--
Marco