\def\appentry#1#2{%
        \startline[line:\the\entrycounter]%
        \pagereference[page:\the\entrycounter]%
        #1%
        \stopline[line:\the\entrycounter]%
\footnote{{\bf \at[page:\the\entrycounter]} \inline[line:\the\entrycounter] #1] #2}}%
        \advance\entrycounter by1%
\starttext\startlinenumbering
This is a sample \appentry{paragraph}{om. h1}.\\
An this is another \appentry{one}{sentence}.
\stoplinenumbering
\bigskip
Endnotes
\placefootnotes
\stoptext

Finally: is the format of your apparatus (endnotes) a requirement?
Yes, unfortunately it is.

I am not sure what you want to do, but the following at least increments the references (in MKIV)

\setupfootnotes
        [
         location=text,
         numberconversion=empty,
         paragraph=,
        ]

\newcount\entrycounter \entrycounter=0
\def\appentry#1#2%
  {\expanded
    {\startline[line:\the\entrycounter]%
        \noexpand\pagereference[page:\the\entrycounter]%
        #1%
     \noexpand\stopline[line:\the\entrycounter]%
     \noexpand\footnote{{\bf \at[page:\the\entrycounter]}
                         \inline[line:\the\entrycounter]
                         #1 #2}}%
     \advance\entrycounter by 1\relax}

\starttext
\startlinenumbering
This is a sample \appentry{paragraph}{om. h1}. \crlf
An this is another \appentry{one}{sentence}.
\stoplinenumbering
\bigskip
Endnotes
\placefootnotes