Hi list,

until now I used the bib module for my bibliography in a rather large document in MkIV by calling \usemodule[bib].

Today I updated to version 2011.02.25 22:03 and the document does no longer compile. I removed the above line from my document and it ran again, but the "References" section was empty and I got "[[error 1]]" everywhere I used \cite. So I changed \completepublications to \completepublications[criterium=all]. Now I have the complete list of references (I know, I asked for it) but instead I only want to have those references in the list that I cited in the document.

Some questions:
(1) Is the bib module obsolete? If so, can someone provide me with a small example how to properly make bibliographies now, preferably from a .bib-file?

(2) If this is not already answered by the first question: How do I get the references list to display only the cited entries from my bibliography, "[criterium=?]"?

(3) What do I have to do to let context find the sample.bib database? I get "I couldn't open database file sample.bib.bib" or "I couldn't open database file sample.bib" in the output depending on whether I added ".bib" or not.

My current setup is this:
%\usemodule[bib]
\setupbibtex[database={mybibdatabase.bib}]
\setuppublications[alternative=ams, refcommand=num]
\setupcite[num][lastpubsep={, }]
\setupcite[author][left=, right=]
\completepublications[criterium=all]

Any help appreciated,