Thanks for the suggestions so far. I' currently testing Hans' idea and it seems
to be a problem with caching.

The simple file I made where I just use each graphic runs into an error, but
the corresponding code (undefined control sequence '\sb') is definitely not in
the current source file of the graphics.

How do I clear the cache to force recalculation of the MP-graphics?