On 10-5-2012 02:25, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
Hello,

I'm just wonderding if there is a way to switch to an OpenType Math
font (referred to by name or filename, without any predefined
typescript) with some stylistic alternative in the middle of the
document, like in the LaTeX example:

Sure, when Khaled added alternates to xits we also added support for it to mkiv.

\setupbodyfont[xits]

\starttext

    \unexpanded\def\mathaltcal{\mathalternate{cal}\cal}

    $ABC$
    $\cal ABC$
    $\mathalternate{cal}\cal ABC$
    $\mathaltcal ABC$

\stoptext

As this can differ per font, we use symbolic names, and these are defined in the lfg files. This functionality is there already for some time but probably not wikified (there are examples in the test suite).