On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> On 10-5-2012 02:25, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm just wonderding if there is a way to switch to an OpenType Math
>> font (referred to by name or filename, without any predefined
>> typescript) with some stylistic alternative in the middle of the
>> document, like in the LaTeX example:
>

> Sure, when Khaled added alternates to xits we also added support for it to
> mkiv.
>
> \setupbodyfont[xits]

But this requires a whole typescript. So there is no way to say
something equivalent to
    \font\a=Asana-Math.otf \a
without the need to create a lfg file & so on?

Anyway, your example with Asana broke a compilation, so at least I was
able to realize that I was missing the otf font, whereas yesterday it
was simply ignoring the fact that the font was missing and has typeset
everything in TeX Gyre I think.

> \starttext
>
>    \unexpanded\def\mathaltcal{\mathalternate{cal}\cal}

And how do I know what is an equivalent of StylisticSet=4 in Lucida?

Would this be something like
    italic = { feature = 'ss01', value = 1, comment = "Mathematical
Alternative Italic" },

where \mathalternate{italic} works as +ss01, but the ss04 not because
it has not been defined in lucida-opentype-math.lfg?

>    $ABC$
>    $\cal ABC$
>    $\mathalternate{cal}\cal ABC$
>    $\mathaltcal ABC$