I have been following this with some interest, since I am having a similar
problem with the vertical spacing between notes in MKII.

In

\setupfootnotes[conversion=numbers,
way=bytext,location=page,rule=on,bodyfont=9.6pt,
style=normal,after={\blank[3pt]}]
\starttext

This is
\footnote{abcde.} a test
\footnote{ABCDE.} line with
\footnote{GHIJK.} footnotes.
\footnote{ghijk.}

\stoptext

I am finding that adjusting “before” and “after” affects the placement of
notes on a given page as a block, but leaves the spacing between the notes
on the list unchanged. So, is there a way to adjust the vertical spacing *
between* notes in MKII?

Alan