On 06/19/2012 04:58, Hans Hagen wrote:
On 19-6-2012 06:54, Bill Meahan wrote:

(Textadept has no realtime log pane so I cannot use it here without
sacrificing too much convenience.)

Might be fixable, at least on *nix system. Textadept 5.4 does allow running processes in a subshell. I'll have to investigate a bit.

on linux it's a bit more complex as you need to figure out where scite
keeps its properties files and that's sort of hard coded in the binary

(but it does work on linux)

Finding the properties files is pretty easy (/usr/local/share/scite/), Not sure where to put the lexers directory, though. I changed ScITEGlobal.properties per the instructions. There is no lpeg.properties file, nothing I've found (so far) in the global file to enable lpeg support. Took a scan of the source code and didn't see anything blindingly obvious. I'll keep searching.

on osx it's not working as there is no lpeg support provided there
(unfortunately)

I'm on a FreeBSD-9.0 system. Since OSX is based on FreeBSD perhaps it is really there but it will take whatever I find out to make it active.

I'll let everyone know what I find. Thanks for the response.

--
Bill Meahan K8QN

"The pessimist complains about the wind;
 the optimist expects it to change;
 the realist adjusts the sails."

-- William Arthur Ward

This message is digitally signed with an X.509 certificate
to prove it is from me and has not been altered since it was sent.