On 8-10-2012 15:57, Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. wrote:

    The intention is Ctx to find and load its original texmfcnf.lua and
then to load my texmfcnf.lua which would modify only some elements
(namely: the LUAINPUTS member).

texmf-local\web2c

    I'd like to keep "factory" texmfcnf.lua settings as much as possible.

- When I look into "c:\ConTeXt\tex\texmf\web2c\texmfcnf.lua", I see many
paths:

    - beginning with "!!",
    - ending with "//".

    What does mean this convention?

this controls the filedatabase building and recurssion into subtrees

 > - I found 2 config files:

    c:\ConTeXt\tex\texmf\web2c\texmf.cnf
    c:\ConTeXt\tex\texmf\web2c\texmfcnf.lua

    It seems that the latter is a "Luaed" form of the former.

a bit more than that as we can have directives and such (and even have path tables)

    How are used both files?

only the lua file is used

    Is the latter built from the former or vice versa?

no, for texlive the latter is adapted a bit (few lines)