Am 21.11.2012 um 13:01 schrieb Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl>:

> On 11/20/2012 3:22 PM, "H. Özoguz" wrote:
>> Am 20.11.2012 12:00, schrieb ntg-context-requ...@ntg.nl:
>>> It?s a problem with \blank which ignore the ?samepage? keyword in grid
>>> mode.
>>>
>>> When you process this example in normal mode ?line 40? is moved to the
>>> second page but in grid mode it stays on the first page.
>> Is theat easy to fix or a long-term-todo? (Layouting books, I need
>> gridding, indeed, at first that was my reason to start with context)
>
> it will probably be improved over time, but interplay between skips an
> penalties and such is always tricky; we have a weighted system in place but
> even then …

I would have expected to get the same results from \blank[samepage,…] and
\nobreak\blank[…] as you can see in the example “samepage” doesn’t work.

\setuplayout[grid=yes]

\starttext

\dostepwiserecurse{1}{40}{1}{Line \recurselevel\par}
\blank[samepage,line]
\dostepwiserecurse{41}{50}{1}{Line \recurselevel\par}

\page

\dostepwiserecurse{1}{40}{1}{Line \recurselevel\par}
\nobreak\blank[line]
\dostepwiserecurse{41}{50}{1}{Line \recurselevel\par}

\stoptext

Wolfgang