> Acidrums: if you put this in core-con.lua, replacing everything
> between the commands.ordinal and converters.verbose function
> definitions, then run context --make cont-en, does the output look
> okay to you? Also: thank you for the day and month tables!
> Cheers,
> Sietse

Just pasted the code you gave after commands.ordinal (there's no
converters.verbose in my core-con.lua) and the context --make cont-en command
worked. But when I tried the minimal ConTeXt example you gave, it claims with
the following:

=== Beginning of output ===

! LuaTeX error <main ctx instance>:1: attempt to call field 'verbose' (a nil
value)
stack traceback:
        <main ctx instance>:1: in main chunk.

system          > tex > error on line 7 in file prueba2.tex: LuaTeX error  ...

 1     \starttext
 2     \def\vbes#1%
 3         {#1\crlf
 4          \ctxcommand{verbose(#1, "spanish")}}
 5
 6         \obeylines
 7 >>      \vbes{11111111}
 8         \vbes{2221101}
 9         \vbes{1111}
10         \vbes{1218}
11         \vbes{1234}
12         \vbes{12345}
13         \vbes{12345678900000}
14     \stopcode

\ctxcommand ...\directlua \zerocount {commands.#1}

l.7     \vbes{11111111}

?

=== End of output ===

For the bugs you're talking about, I would say this:

* 100 before 'mil' should be 'cien mil' -> Yes, it should be like that.
* 100 on its own should be 'cien' -> Same thing here.
* 100 before 'millón' -- should that be 'cien millón', or 'ciento millón'? ->
It should be 'cien millones'. 'Millones', plural for 'Millón'. Maybe it should
be a variable for plurals for millions (the only plural used for numbers in
spanish).
* what are the rules for e.g. '1001' -- should that be 'mil y una'? -> It
should be 'mil uno' (just put the '1' word after the '1000' word).
And should 1004 also be mil y cuatro? -> Like before, it should be 'mil
cuatro': the '4' word after the '1000' word.

Thank you, you're so gentle!