On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> Hi Mojca,
>
> I just checked the new server. There appear to be no obvious errors,
> everything works. Just a few small observations:
>
> 1. ./first-install.sh --server=distribution.contextgarden.net: I assume you
> meant ./first-setup.sh, right?

Yes. (But Hans' point is also true.)

> 2. Is the rsync phase somewhat slower than it used to be? I have no real
> measurements, just the impression that it took somewhat longer.

I don't know. There is a high chance that lots of things had to be
synchronized just because the date is different than it used to be on
the old server. Maybe you observed that? But I didn't do any timings
either.

(Hans' explanation is also possible, but less likely.)

I'm actually curious about the highest speed that people can get when
fetching files from the server.

> 3. I assume the "new" server doesn't get synced to the latest beta yet?
> Because I get 2012.11.29 18:40, but 2012.11.30 has been out since yesterday,
> according to the pragma website.

Thanks for noticing. ConTeXt itself has been updated, I still need to
figure out why it hasn't been synced to the distribution.

Mojca