On 9/9/2013 10:05 PM, Peter Graif wrote:

I recently learned that ConTeXt-mkiv and LuaTeX now support devanagari fonts. 
An enormous thank you to Kai and Hans and anyone else involved in making that 
happen. I know it's a niche application, but for some of us it makes all the 

I ran some tests on the output and the rendering is lovely, even on the 
extremely complex ligatures. I noticed only two errors, both of which are 
simple to describe and consistent:

1) Conjuncts of the form (consonant + virama + र "ra") render the opposite 
sequence intended. For example:
[U+0915] [U+094D][U+0930] (क्र "kra") incorrectly produces the glyph intended for 
[U+0930][U+094D][U+0915] (र्क "rka").

2) Word-final virama causes words to render with a half-consonant at the end. 
They should instead display the whole-consonant with the virama diacritic. 
Half-consonants should be used only when conjoining with another subsequent 
consonant in the same word.

A picture, in case it's more helpful: http://i.imgur.com/MpIwd9w.png

I tried to look at the code in hopes of offering a fix, but I'm afraid it was 
way over my head. If there's anything else I can do to help, I'd be happy for 
the opportunity.

Can you make a as-small-as-possible test file?

Preferable with proper utf-8 sequences (+ comment mentioning numbers/classes), good and wrong.

I can probably figure it out but I cannot read or input easily this kind of scripts.


                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
              Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
    tel: 038 477 53 69 | voip: 087 875 68 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl
If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to the 

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / http://www.ntg.nl/mailman/listinfo/ntg-context
webpage  : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://tex.aanhet.net
archive  : http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/
wiki     : http://contextgarden.net

Reply via email to