On 9/10/2013 2:57 PM, Vafa Khalighi wrote:
Hi

The following document shows the wrong behaviour (the second parentheses
is mirrored incorrectly and it should be after the number not before the
number).

Assuming "test" is an RTL word when I write (test 1363) I expect to get
exactly that but somehow I get (test (1363

new beta ... also with fix for issue khaled mentioned

\starttext

\setupalign[r2l]

\definefont[arabicfont][Arial*arabic at 20pt]

\enabletrackers[typesetters.directions.one]
\enabletrackers[typesetters.directions.two]

\setupdirections[bidi=global,method=default] \arabicfont این (یک آزمایش 1363) است. \par \setupdirections[bidi=global,method=one] \arabicfont این (یک آزمایش 1363) است. \par \setupdirections[bidi=global,method=two] \arabicfont این (یک آزمایش 1363) است. \par

\stoptext

One related question: is it possible to change font automatically when
luatex sees a LTR word?

no, but you can define start\stop commands that deal with such switches

also, you can combine fonts (and there a yet not documented auto script/language switcher .. i have no time now to explain that one)

btw, never use \textdir and \pardir directly (i might even define them as no-ops some day) but use the higher level alignment commands