Hello there,

I am new in variables in ConTeXt, so I tried the the following example of two font-sizes wich should have a ratio of 0.7:

\setvariables[fontsize][bigsize=17pt]
\setvariables[fontsize][smallsize=0.7\getvariable{fontsize}{size}]

\definefont[big][name:arial at \getvariable{fontsize}{bigsize}]
\definefont[small][name:arial at \getvariable{fontsize}{smallsize}]

\starttext
\big Dies ist ein großer Text.\blank
\small Dies ist ein kleiner Text.
\stoptext

That does not work, what is the correct syntax?

[Second question about this will be much more involving I think ... :), but I will give it his own thread].

Thanks.
Huseyin