On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 4:32 PM, Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> wrote:
> On 1/7/2014 4:35 AM, Elspeth McGullicuddy wrote:
>
>> The Garamond-math one might be that: "mdugm-math.lfg:
>>
>> return {
>>      name = "mdugm-math",
>>      version = "1.00",
>>      comment = "Math fonts that complement URW Garamond.",
>>      author = "Hans, Mojca, Aditya",
>>      copyright = "ConTeXt development team",
>>      mathematics = {
>>          mapfiles = {
>>              "mdugm.map",
>>              "mkiv-base.map",
>>          },
>>          virtuals = {
>>              ["mdugm-rm"] = {
>>                  { name = "file:ugmr8a", features = "virtualmath", main =
>> true },
>>                  { name = "mdugmr7m",  vector = "tex-mr", skewchar=0x7F },
>>                  { name = "mdugmri7m", vector = "tex-mi", skewchar=0x7F },
>>                  { name = "mdugmri7m", vector = "tex-it", skewchar=0x7F },
>>                  { name = "mdugmm7m",  vector = "tex-bf", skewchar=0x7F },
>>                  { name = "mdugmmi7m", vector = "tex-bi", skewchar=0x7F },
>>                  { name = "mdugmr7y",  vector = "tex-sy",
>> skewchar=0x30, parameters = true },
>>                  { name = "mdugmr7v",  vector = "tex-ex", extension = true
>> },
>>                  { name = "mdugmrma",  vector = "tex-ma" },
>>                  { name = "mdugmrmb",  vector = "tex-mb" },
>>              },
>>              ["mdugm-bf"] = {
>>                  { name = "file:ugmm8a", features = "virtualmath", main =
>> true },
>>                  { name = "mdugmm7m",  vector = "tex-mr", skewchar=0x7F },
>>                  { name = "mdugmmi7m", vector = "tex-mi", skewchar=0x7F },
>>                  { name = "mdugmmi7m", vector = "tex-it", skewchar=0x7F },
>>                  { name = "mdugmm7y",  vector = "tex-sy",
>> skewchar=0x30, parameters = true },
>>                  { name = "mdugmm7v",  vector = "tex-ex", extension = true
>> },
>>                  { name = "mdugmmma",  vector = "tex-ma" },
>>                  { name = "mdugmmmb",  vector = "tex-mb" },
>>              }
>>          }
>>      }
>> }
>

> indeed you have to make such a table for any math font combination you want
> (when using type 1 fonts)
>
>> In this example, I believe the files involved are tfm files
>> (ugmr8a.tfm, mdugmr7m.vf, in
>> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/all/texlive-fonts-extra/filelist)
>>
>> Note: the afm files of kpfonts are ziped in the doc directory.
>> And I've got vf files, 688 of them.
>

> normally you don't need more files than the ones you mention in the table;
> best prevent too much polution of your tree by tfm/vf files
>
> (if you know exactly what you need you can make a path fonts/data/xxx/
> and put all relevant files there so that you keep the overview)
>
> Hans

Thanks, I'll experiment in that direction and say when there are results.

The files like tfm, afm, pfb,... seem to be found alright by "mtxrun
--script fonts --reload" when they are in the ${HOME}/texmf/fonts/
tree, so I think I can leave them there.

So I should make a sort of copy of "mdugm-math.lgf" and call it
"kpfonts-math.lgf", and put it in
${HOME}/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/fonts/.

[Do the same with a copy of "type-imp-mathdesign.mkiv", which
contains: "\loadfontgoodies[mdugm-math]".] Or rather put a typescript
in my document file as explained here:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Math_fonts, and insert some
"\loadfontgoodies[kpfonts-math]" in it.

Execute: "context --make en". And that should be it.

What is the "\s!" syntax for, as in "\s!Serif"?

Chris