On 1/25/2015 8:10 PM, Jörg Weger wrote:
Thank You Alan and Hans for your efforts regarding my questions so far.

After I had played a while with the examples Hans had attached, I have
had a little success bei renaming copies of
~/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/publ-imp-apa.lua and
~/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/publ-imp-apa.mkiv to
publ-imp-daf.lua and publ-imp-daf.mkiv (DaF stands for “Deutsch als
Fremdsprache” = “German as a foreign language”, my subject of study) and
putting those renamed copies into the same folder as a test file that
should contain only in-text references and a publications list.

I have started to set up a “real world” BibTeXt example from the
examples in the style sheet we were given by the university. So far I
have different examples for “book” and “incollection”.

  Inside the two new configuration files I replaced every occurrence of
“apa” by “daf”. Then I edited publ-imp-daf.mkiv by trial and error. I
managed to change punctuation/delimiters in the publications list, but
did not fully succeed with the in-text reference. I understand now that
it is not trivial to set up a style as there are many decisions to be
taken. The problem I have regarding the publications list is that the
order I need differs in some ways from apa which means I have to split
some of the macros defined for apa. E.g. for “book” my order is

you can just overload the apa definitions (you can do that in a an environment for instance) ... save a bit of time and probably easier to update