On 03/15/2015 07:36 PM, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 10:29:25 -0600, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>> On 03/15/2015 03:16 PM, Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> will give me what I want. But can anyone explain why *both* commands are
>>> needed? Toggling these two commands doesn't work.
>>
>> \setupindenting[big,yes]
>> \startsetups[footnote:indenting]
>>     \setupindenting[big,yes]
>> \stopsetups
>> \setupheads[indentnext=no]
>> \setupnote[footnote][setups=footnote:indenting]
>> \setupnotation[footnote][indenting=yes,next]
>
> Fortunately, it's much easier that that ;-)
>
> % Argument to after= controls vertical space between notes
> \setupnotation
> [footnote][before={\setupwhitespace[big]},indenting={yes,big},after={\blank[small]}]

Hi Idris,

I’m not sure whether this is clearer to me. It seems that your approach
enables indenting by setting vertical space in paragraphs.

I may be missing something, since I’d bet that the setups for notes
approach is clearer.

>> (you are a ConTeXt expert and I’m only a long-term newbie :-))
>
> Well, all users are long-term ConTeXt newbies, now and forever... The only
> exception is Wolfgang ;-)
>
> And I still suspect Wolfgang is just Hans in disguise :D

Good point.

It is Hans in his Superman disguise , :D.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk