Am 2015-04-02 um 21:07 schrieb Rik Kabel <cont...@rik.users.panix.com>:

> On 2015-04-02 03:42, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
>> while trying to create some interactive forms using latest beta (MkIV), I
>> found that JavaScripts are only then copied into the PDF, if there’s a \goto
>> referencing a JS function.
>>
>> According to the old widgets manual I thought I could set default values of
>> fields calling JS functions or variables as [JS(MyFunc)], but that doesn’t
>> work.
> Greetlings Hraban,
>
> This appears to be a pdf reader problem. On Win 8.1, Windows Reader and
> Chrome both show an editable field; Firefox and Sumatra show a non-editable
> field.

That’s not the problem, creating fields works great. Since JS works (probably)
only in Adobe products anyway, I don’t care about other viewers.

But JavaScript code (within JSpreamble or JScode sections) is only copied by
ConTeXt into the PDF if there’s a call of \goto to one of the defined JS
functions.
Additionally, calling JS functions for default values of fields doesn’t work
like it did in MkII (and like it’s documented in m-widgets.pdf).

JS in PDFs is not easy to handle, but ConTeXt should at least copy my code into
the PDF as it’s documented and used to work in MkII.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net