Dear all,

I am producing a book that is divided into two sections. The book is published
in English, and thus it runs left to right. Part one is an academic study in
English. Part two is a critical edition of an Arabic text. The book is exactly
100 pages long, with fifty pages going to the English study, and fifty pages to
the Arabic edition.

In Part One (which includes all the front matter of the book, such as the table
of contents, etc.): the page ordering runs left-to-right, the pagination runs
from 1 to 50, and the page numbers should be printed in Arabic numerals.

However, in Part Two (the Arabic text): the page ordering should run
right-to-left, the page numbers should run in “reverse” pagination (in which
“page 1" of the critical edition begins at the “back” of the book), and the
page numbers should be printed in Hindi numerals.

In other words, the structure of the book’s pages would be as follows (ellipses
used to jump):

1
2
3
…
48
49
50
٥٠
٤٩
٤٨
…
٣
٢
١

I would like the Table of Contents then to look something like this:

Forward . . . . . . v
English Study . . . 1
Arabic Edition. . . ١
Index of names. . . ٥٠

So my question is: is this currently possible in ConTeXt, to produce a single
PDF, with such a TOC, from one file? Or am I bringing on too much of a headache
upon myself, and it is easier to produce two separate files — but if so, how
would one produce a TOC that includes the parts and page numbers of both
documents?

Many thanks, and best wishes,
Talal