Hi Jaroslav,

On Mac, you can use TeXShop and your standalone Context very easily.
First create a specific « .engine » file for this and then in TeXShop use that
engine.
Here is what I have when I typeset a file in TeXShop using mkiv ConTeXt:

%%%%% begin file mkiv.engine

#!/bin/bash

export PATH=/Volumes/OK/context-minimal/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin:$PATH
context --synctex=zipped --autogenerate "$1" --purgeall

%%%%% end file mkiv.engine

you should replace the line « export PATH=…. » by the path to your installation
of ConTeXt. More precisely you should replace

        /Volumes/OK/context-minimal

with the path going to the folder where your Context installation sits (in your
case it is where you have put the file first-setup.sh).

Then this file « mkiv.engine » should be put in the folder

        Library/TeXShop/Engines

Once this is done, you have three solutions in order to use TeXShop with your
standalone Context. Here they are:

Solution 1: add the following line at the top of your source file:

%!TEX TS-program = mkiv

Note that in the above you may replace « mkiv » with whatever engine name known
to your TeXShop installation (for instance « ContextSuite», or any other name
you have, or (may God forgive both of us…) even « latex »…).
When you typeset with ConTeXt, then TeXShop will use the chosen engine.

Solution 2: when your source file is open, you should have, at the top of your
window, a small menu named « Program ». Click on that menu and among the
programs (that is the engines) choose the one you want.

Solution 3: open the TeXShop Preferences and in the « Typesetting » pane , on
the upper left part of the resulting window, choose the radio button « Command
listed below » and type the name of your preferred engine. This method makes a
general default, so if you use some other typesetting packages for some files
you have to modify things for those files.

Best regards: OK