On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 12:33:39 +0100
Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> wrote:

> >>         withtransparency (1,.5)
> >
> > However, this makes the entire shade transparent. How to shade from
> > one colour to transparent using withtransparency to achieve an
> > effect like in the example below?
>
> that isn't how shading works,

…any longer. I just confirmed that it used to work on an older
installation. Just sayin'

> it's a vector from one color to the
> other (same color space eventually) and transparency is a property of
> the whole

That's how the new mechanism works, apparently. But transparency can
AFAIK also be a property of the colour. So transparency is a vector
from one colour to the other, each possibly being partly or entirely
transparent.

But as I don't understand the inner internals, I believe there's a
good reason this has been changed.

Marco