On 1/28/2016 1:53 PM, Marco Patzer wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jan 2016 12:33:39 +0100
Hans Hagen <pra...@wxs.nl> wrote:

How to make transparent shadings work with the new mechanism?

         withtransparency (1,.5)

However, this makes the entire shade transparent. How to shade from
one colour to transparent using withtransparency to achieve an
effect like in the example below?

that isn't how shading works,

…any longer. I just confirmed that it used to work on an older
installation. Just sayin'

are you sure? a shade goes from one color to another; transparency is not part of that but applied to the whole (transparency is kind of independent of color and in context also only coupled in definition not in implementation)

it's a vector from one color to the
other (same color space eventually) and transparency is a property of
the whole

That's how the new mechanism works, apparently. But transparency can
AFAIK also be a property of the colour. So transparency is a vector
from one colour to the other, each possibly being partly or entirely
transparent.

no, it's independent ... and in shades one talks of color spaces (need to be the same too) so in context we even need to make sure an rgb to cmyk shade goes well

But as I don't understand the inner internals, I believe there's a
good reason this has been changed.

cleaner