Hello,
** Fabrice Couvreur [2018-08-28 11:18:58 +0200]:

> Hi Vladimir,

> I do not use Arch Linux repositories to install  texlive 2018 packages

Some texlive-* packages could be installed as dependencies of other
packages. You may check if your system has any texlive package:

  $ pacman -Qs texlive

> but I installed texlive 2018 "scheme-full" with tlmgr -gui  in
> /home/aragorn /texlive/2018.  I then make regular updates in the same
> way. No texlive traces in the \usr\share\ directory or elsewhere.

I prefer to rely on package manager.

> Standalone Context is also installed in my home directory. However,
> Emacs is installed from the Arch Linux repositories and is located in
> /usr/share/emacs.

  $ pacman -Qs emacs

> So I have to add the path of texlive 2018 ?
> Maybe you do not need to add the Context Standalone path ?
> My ~/.profile file would be this :
>
> source /home/aragorn/context/tex/setuptex
> export PATH = $ PATH: /home/aragorn/texlive/2018/bin/x86_64-linux
> export PATH = $ PATH: /home/aragorn /bin

This part is a bit strange:
- in message
  https://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2018/092418.html
  you mentioned that commands run in terminal worked fine, but you
  invoked them by full path;

- in the same message you set PATH in emacs as

    (setenv "PATH" "/home/aragorn/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/:$PATH" t)

  (I have to admit that I didn't know it is possible to use '$PATH' in
  setenv), so it prepends path to context binary to PATH list. The above
  lines do opposite: they append path to context binary to the end of
  PATH list.

  The first line, 'source ...', helps here because 'setuptex' in turns
  prepend path to context binary to PATH.

When you invoke 'context' in terminal (I assume it is bash shell) the
shell searches program in current directory (depends on configuration)
and then in PATH, the first wins. So to use context from ConTeXt
standalone you may simply do

  $ export PATH=$HOME/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin:$PATH

either in terminal or in ~/.profile. You may always check if this is
true by runnig

  $ command -v context

(for bash shell) or

  $ which context

Returning to your problem. I looked closely again in messages with
output from context and I don't understand what may cause the error.
Seems that Emacs uses correct context (according to loading files).
Could you show in full your ~/.emacs file? Do you use AUCTeX or bare
Emacs?

> Regards,
> Fabrice

[...]

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Uncontrolled power will turn even saints into savages.  And we can all
be counted on to live down to our lowest impulses.