Hello,
Before considering modifications, here's what I get when I do which context
:

Setting "/home/aragorn/context/tex" as ConTeXt root.
[aragorn@fab ~]$ which context
/home/aragorn/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin/context
[aragorn@fab ~]$

$ pacman -Qs texlive

 [root@fab aragorn]# pacman -Qs texlive
[root@fab aragorn]#

$ pacman -Qs emacs

 [root@fab aragorn]# pacman -Qs emacs
local/emacs 26.1-2
    The extensible, customizable, self-documenting real-time display editor
local/emacs-python-mode 6.2.3-1
    Python mode for Emacs
[root@fab aragorn]#

you mentioned that commands run in terminal worked fine, but you
>   invoked them by full path;

To be able to test with the
texlive context binary and context standalone context binary
.

The next in the next message after restarting my PC ...

Fabrice