Hi all,

After more than a decade of mkiv and luatex it's time to move on to a new stage. After all, nowadays a ten-year old program is considered to be really old, especially for those who consider a manual typeset three years ago as an indication of lack of progress. Therefore: welcome to lua(meta)tex 2.00 and context lmtx, the follow up on luatex and mkiv, if you dare. It has many deep-down changes but aims to be a simple evolution.

The average user will probably not notice many differences but nevertheless, when you are in for something new, you can give it a try:

     http://www.pragma-ade.nl/install.htm

Of course you should keep your current installation too. We're sure that there will be issues so when you run into unexpected surprises, you can blame us (and fall-back on the current Context beta and luatex). Of course with the proper mwe's (tex, metapost, lua, or a combination of these) we will try to solve them all, we have been testing. In due time more about this project will be revealed.

Hans Hagen & Alan Braslau