> On 8 Jul 2019, at 17:18, mf <mass...@fastwebnet.it> wrote:
>
> Hello list,
> i've played a bit with interfaces.definecommand, that lets you define TeX
> macros from lua (see the "ConTeXt Lua Documents", 7.3 User interfacing).
>
> I found that the commands defined by interfaces.definecommand fail when you
> pass string arguments that contain brackets.
>
> I think cldf-int.lua needs a patch to support those kind of arguments.

FYI, it fails because definecommand() creates a \myCommand that is equivalent
to this:

  \def\myCommand#1{\ctxlua {_clmm_('myCommand',[[#1]])}}

The [[…]] is the lua multi-line string syntax, like /* */ in C.

So if the #1 expands into \blank[line], that produces [[\blank[line]]]
resulting in a trailing extra ‘]’, which is a lua syntax error.

> In the meantime it's possible to bypass the problem passing arguments with
> brackets inside double braces, as in the MWE attached.

Adding a space at the end also works, but a core patch makes sense to me.

Taco