On 12/5/19 9:23 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> [...]
>> I hope we might switch to Windows 10 in the no so near future 😃.
> - if you use tex, use fonts that are put in the tex tree, the only
> guarantee you have for continuity.
> > - i checked a few versions of that font on an old windows xp vm and it
> works ok ... so does your company ever update the machines?

Hi Hans,

I wonder whether my issue with the fonts might be caused by my ConTeXt
distribution (such as the one with expansion, reported some ).

Windows is updated with security patches (or whichever the name might be).

If I try to explain to the IT people that a font is misbehaving and an
application (I don’t even try to explain what ConTeXt actually is [they
won’t understand]) cannot recognize it, they will reply that the
application is wrong. Because of that, I’m not even trying to explain
what is wrong with the font at all.

In my previous company, I remember a guy (which had as slightly idea of
what TeX was [he used LaTeX for his PhD decades ago]) with a strong
background in computer science. He was impressed that I “developed” a
system with no coding knowledge, but he objected that ConTeXt wasn’t
standard software (the standard for him was OpenOffice.org). I replied
that the standard was in the output PDF documents (which were PDF/A-3a).
(I didn’t mention that working with OOo was a real pain and that trying
to write conditionals with document merging was extremely annoying for me.)

Many thanks for your help and your new betas,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk