On 3/16/2020 7:46 PM, Otared Kavian wrote:

On 16 Mar 2020, at 11:14, Hans Hagen <j.ha...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

On 3/15/2020 10:34 AM, Fabrice Couvreur wrote:
[…]

there are some examples of form stuff in the test suite (widgets)

i'll send you a file from 2000 that does some mpc magic (including feedback and
score calculations) but it's mkii (so you need to run pdftex). Maybe I should
check it with mkiv too.

Could you please tell us where to find that file, even if it is only with mkii?
(I need to prepare some material for my students, for the same reason as
Fabrice…).
Where? On my machine, in various places. The problem with such things has always been that publishers are not really interested in it (or not ready, or whatever) so experiments end up as orphan files. Take for instance

http://www.pragma-ade.com/itdemos/external/ex-files/ex-files.pdf

We have all the examns from the mid 90's that way. That version doesn't have the selection part (choose examns and questions and generate remotely a set of examn files). Lack of interest in these matters made is drop all kind of support files for that.

Other experiments involve testing based on pdf documents, and/or student progress reports using pdf files (basically forms but not that recognizable as such) where after a click the student got an updated document that (s)he could store and expand later on. Again, we have basically all the building blocks in context (the sql database as well as the service itself were controlled by luatex).

Currently we're playing with yet another technology where a complete (already around for a while, free) math school method is available as pdf ad well as web but again, not something for publishers so hard to even break even (most of this, also tex related, stuff is kind of a bottomless drain of time and therefore money, so doing it is mostly hobyism).

Anyway, I'll mail a few files (no upload yes, maybe later).

I have no problem coming up with additional styles of code for remote learning and student support but it has to have some 'direction' and not be too random.