Dear List,

I'm using a weirdfont that does not have a pre-defined bold variant but
still want to emboldening short extracts of text occasionally, so I've
defined

    \defineeffect[thicker][alternative=both,rulethickness=0.3pt]
    \define\fakebf{\effect[thicker]}

but in situations like

    {\fakebf \definedfont[weridfont] 1 2 3 \definedfont[modern]4 5 6}

the "4 5 6" is faked bold even if latinmodern has a proper bold font.

Could anyone help me define a {\bf}-aware version of \fakebf which can
render the "4 5 6" in the example above in latinmodern's bold?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Sylvain