I don't really know anything about git, so I can't give my opinion about what is or isn't convenient to do. Certainly to report bugs in my text I don't think it takes anything more than an e-mail to send them to me. Having a repository can be useful to keep a version that is always up to date; but that, on the other hand, would force me to be continually modifying the text, which in principle is not my intention. I do not exclude that there will be other versions in the future, but for the moment this is not part of my plans. And if there were other versions, it would be more to add some chapter; mainly I think that the most important material that is missing is the one related to XML, Lua and Metapost, that is: the three additional languages in which a ConTeXt document can be written. But I am far from being able to write anything about any of those three aspects. Some member of the list has offered to help me with it, but not immediately (we all have a lot of work).

The original idea, I think, was to provide a platform that would allow different collaborators to translate the text into different languages. Whether or not git is the best solution for that purpose, I really don't know.

What I would appreciate is that guide on "how to set up a documentation translation project with git? that Garulfo proposes.