> On Aug 22, 2021, at 8:13 AM, Hans Hagen <j.ha...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>>
>>> you haven't post the tex code that fails so no one can check it
>>>
>>> Hans
>> usemodule[tikz]
>> \usemodule[pgfplots]
>> \usetikzlibrary[pgfplots.polar]
>> \startTEXpage
>>   \starttikzpicture
>>     \startpolaraxis
>>       \addplot coordinates {(0,1) (90,1)
>>         (180,1) (270,1)};
>>     \stoppolaraxis
>>   \stoptikzpicture
>> \stopTEXpage
> even when you say
>
> \def\begin#1{\csname begin#1\endcsname}
>
> to get around the first hurdle it fails because \addplot is not defined
>
> i can't grep it in the tikz module tree either but there are files with
> 'plot' in it, so maybe you need to install more or maybe the commands /
> interfaces changed
>
> (if it keeps failing on you, you can always try to use metapost instead)
>
> Hans

Hi Hans,

It doesn’t keep failing for me because the fix is well documented, so I fixed
it on my machine. I am just imagining that it might be nice to put that fix in
the modules that people download. For example, a teacher wants to help me test
my book, so he followed the instructions on the wiki to instal ConTeXt (LMTX)
and the modules (https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Modules). Then he had to go in
and change two commands the file:

        context-osx-64/tex/texmf-modules/generic/pgfplots/pgfplots.code.tex

The changes are:

        Line 7928: change “\begin{axis}" to “\axis”
        Line 7934: change “\end{axis}" to “\endaxis”

Then everything is great.

I don't know where the modules live and how they are maintained, but if this
fix could be put into those modules before people download them, that would be
helpful as I add more collaborators.

Thanks!
Gavin