No "of course" about it... It's a c warning ... it's not an error and is
irrelevant.  Say you have this code:

 1 void main(void) {
 2   int i;
 3   i=1;
 4   printf("i=%d", i);
 5   {
 6     int i;
 7     i = 2;
 8     printf("i=%d", i);
 9   }
10   printf("i=%d", i);
11 }

The declaration of i at line 6 'shadows' (supercedes) the declaration at 2.
So the program will output:

i=1
i=2  <- this is the shadowed value
i=1  <- this is the unshadowed value

The compiler warns you about it because it's not a great coding practice -
it can be confusing which 'i' you refer to in six pages of code.  But it's
unambiguous to the compiler.

Now beyond that, since you don't tell us which version of ntop you're using,
there's not much else to say.  2.2c is the only supported version, so try it
(and you should probably update libpng while you're at it, there have been a
couple of security issues with the older versions - not risks for ntop, but
for other programs that might create rogue png graphics).

-----Burton