When did you apply the patches?  Could you have been hit before you got the patches
on?  We have had a couple of e-mail's on this also.

Here is the last thread I remember, maybe it will help:

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 08/08/01 10:00AM >>>
Ok, further clarification.

Some peopleare seeing these crashes as the result of redirects done via IIS directly
(via MMC settings), but changing to an html page with a redirect in it seems to work
fine.

Roger
Roger D. Seielstad - MCSE MCT
Senior Network Administrator
Peregrine Systems
Atlanta, GA
http://www.peregrine.com

JayW

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 08/20/01 03:45PM >>>
IIS stopping without reasonyou know, I'm seeing the same thing on one of my
IIS 5.0 box and I've already applied the latest cumulative patch on Windows
2000 Server SP2.  Even after the services stop, when I run the Code Red
scanner from Symantec and eEye, they both come out negative...