For Java you don't need one. The .exes you download are little more than self extracting executables containing Sun's MSIs.
The only hard part is figuring out where there installer extracts them to. Try exploring these locations (I don't recall the exact path right off hand, it depends on which version you're using): %APPDATA%\Sun\Java %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Sun\Java I do recall that the first one is used by Java 6, and that you will find 2 files - the MSI and a .cab. You will need both. Why they don't make the MSIs available for direct download is beyond me. Joe Heaton wrote: > Anyone have a favorite MSI packager? Preferably trial version with no > limitations or a free product, so I can get this Java update pushed out > to my users. -- Phil Brutsche [email protected] ~ Finally, powerful endpoint security that ISN'T a resource hog! ~ ~ <http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Business/VIPRE-Enterprise/> ~
