I have a batch file I maintain with all the UUIDs and uninstall strings for
Java 1.4.2 all the way through 1.6.0.10.  It's got like 45 entries - just
skips to the next one if it's not installed.  I left it at 1.6.0.10 since
that was the first version to start removing previous ones.

(Interesting how they skipped from Update 7 to Update 10...)

I can send the file for anyone that wants it.

 - Andy O.

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Phil Brutsche [mailto:[email protected]]
>Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 3:32 PM
>To: NT System Admin Issues
>Subject: Re: Java issues
>
>Java6 Update 10 was the first to properly upgrade itself.
>
>The only way to clean up the old versions is to do it "manually" - if
>you know the MSI package UUID you can do it in a batch file, but you
>still need to attend to each machine individually.
>
>There's a VBS here that will help:
>http://www.uab.edu/it/software/Java/RemoveJava.html




~ Finally, powerful endpoint security that ISN'T a resource hog! ~
~ <http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Business/VIPRE-Enterprise/>  ~

Reply via email to