As an alternative, edit formats.tcl.

On windows machines, you will find this here:

C:\Program Files\Nuke6.2v4\plugins\formats.tcl

On Mac, here:

/Applications/Nuke6.2v4/Nuke6.2v4.app/Contents/MacOS/plugins/formats.tcl ( This is from memory, I don't have a Mac in front of me )

Inside this file you will notice that 16:9 video formats are listed after 4:3 video formats. Simply cut the 16:9 formats and paste them before the 4:3 ones. Then, Nuke will default to the 16:9 version for both NTSC and PAL.