Yes, you're right Ean.

I mentioned the "multiple formats" case because the debate originated from
why would changing the order in formats.tcl make a difference.
But sure, if there's more than one format with the same res, it'll match the
first one; and if there's only one, it'll match that one, of course.

I suppose a better statement would be: "yes, formats already defined in the
list of formats DO have an effect on the Read's pixel_aspect when
pixel_aspect can't be recovered from the metadata"

Thanks for pointing it out, though.

Have a good weekend!
Ivan