From: Michael Garrett
Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2011 10:35 AM
To: Nuke user discussion
Subject: Re: [Nuke-users] Too many open files

Do you have a bunch of FrameHolds in the script?  That seems to be a catalyst
for this issue popping up.

On 27 November 2011 09:17, ari Rubenstein <a...@curvstudios.com> wrote:

  I get this daily, usually when scrubbing in the viewer, or rendering a
flipbook. Or hitting the arrow keys quickly stepping thru frames.

  Quite painful and common. Seems Nuke gets 'congested' with some temporal
operations, more so then shake did in my experience.

  Ari

  Sent from my iPhone

  On Nov 27, 2011, at 12:10 PM, John RA Benson <john.benson.macg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

  > Hey there -
  >
  > Having some strange rendering issues: Very simple script, 3 read nodes
(exr's), just a over b for each. Except it's 4488 frames long. After a thousand
frames or so, the render fails:

  > OSError: [Errno 24] Too many open files: '/path/to/frames.4249.exr'
  >
  > I'm not sure if this is due to nuke or the wrapper and environment that
launches the render. Seems really weird. Anyone else hit a "Too many open
files" after rendering for awhile?